September is National Service Dog Month, and we’re celebrating all month long! We have several events scheduled across the California, the Northeast and Pacific Northwest where you can come out and meet our amazing dogs, volunteers and staff. Visit our National Service Dog Month page for our complete calendar of events – you won’t want to miss out on the fun!
National Service Dog Month was created to bring awareness to Service Dogs and the people they help. Service Dogs play a life-changing role in the lives of many people with disabilities. They bring safety, independence and connection. This month is all about recognizing the important work Service Dogs do for people in need, and there are many ways to get involved!
5 Ways You Can Participate in National Service Dog Month
- Attend an event. Visit our National Service Dog Month page for a full listing of events.
- Share our social media posts with your network. All month long, we’ll be posting educational content and real-world stories about Service Dogs on our social media channels. Keep an eye out for our posts and share with your network.
- Become a volunteer. We have many fun and rewarding ways to get involved in support of Service Dogs, including Puppy Raisers, Foster or Transportation Volunteers, Kennel Volunteers, Regional Advisory Boards and more. Learn more and apply!
- Talk to your friends and family about Service Dogs. Refer them to the application process on our website if they’re interested in receiving one of our Service Dogs. Our programs include Hearing Assistance Dogs, Autism Assistance Dogs and Facility Dogs. Our dogs are placed at ZERO cost to the client, thanks to donor support.
- Make a gift in support of training Service Dogs. 100% of every dollar donated goes directly toward programmatic expenses. Donate today.
Visit our National Service Dog Month page for more information. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support of Service Dogs all year long!