Today, March 23rd is National Puppy Day and DBL has been celebrating puppies over the last week, by recognizing some of our AMAZING Puppy Raisers! Engraining the all-important “first experiences” for our future Assistance Dogs, our Puppy Raisers are integral to what we do.
Today’s spotlight goes to puppy raiser Jennifer with puppy-in-training Joy:
1. Why did you choose to become a Puppy Raiser? I chose to become a raiser to give back to my community. To help others has always been my purpose.
2. What is the biggest challenge? My biggest challenge was getting excepted as a volunteer being that I was 15 years old of age at the time and does that were 16 years of age had more advantage since they met the guidelines to enter first. But I thank Laura and the organization for giving me this opportunity that I truly enjoy.
3. What is the greatest reward? My biggest reward is to see how my Dog Joy has developed and learned so much in an incredible short time.
4. What kind of experience did you have before becoming a Puppy Raiser? My experience before becoming a puppy raiser was trying to find a place to give back to my community and I was so happy when I got the opportunity. Joy arrived at my home and has brought me so much happiness and knowledge.
5. Why did you choose to raise a puppy through DBL? I chose to become a puppy raiser because I love Dogs and wanted to make a difference.
DBL is just as committed to our Puppy Raisers as they are to our organization, and together we create a community dedicated to helping others. As we continue to grow as an organization, so does the need for Puppy Raisers. The more dogs we rescue or puppies that are raised, the more people we can serve.
Find out more about becoming a Puppy Raiser and other ways to get involved with DBL here.